Iola Wines LLC
Iola Wines LLC (“Iola Wines,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy through our compliance with this Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”). This Privacy Notice describes the types of Information (as defined below) we may collect from you when you access and use our website at www.IolaWines.com (the “Site”). It also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that Information.
Please read this Privacy Notice to understand our policies and practices regarding your Information and how we will handle it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not use the Site. By accessing or using the Site, you agree to this Privacy Notice and indicate your consent to its terms.
Iola Wines may change this Privacy Notice at any time, at its discretion. Your continued use of the Site after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Privacy Notice periodically for updates.
This Privacy Notice is subject to and governed by the Iola Wines Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) available on the Site.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
To modify your email subscriptions, either click the “Manage My Subscriptions” link at the bottom of the last email we sent you or send us an email at Hello@IolaWines.com with your request.
If you opt out of receiving marketing/promotional emails, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Please report your concerns about the collection or use of Personal Information through the Site or to review, change, correct, or delete or, your Personal Information by sending us an email at Hello@IolaWines.com
Types of Information We Collect About You
Iola Wines may collect two types of information from you when you visit the Site: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information (collectively “Information”).
- “Personal Information” refers to data by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, birth date (to verify that you are of legal drinking age), and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline.
- “Non-Personal Information” refers to data that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your location; your internet connection; the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect your Information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Through our communications with you.
- From third parties.
- Through analytics.
Information You Provide to Us
The Information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide when you subscribe to our mailing and phone contact list or when you sign up for a subscription service.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site or creating an account on the Site.
- Information that you provide when you report a problem with our Site. We may ask you for additional Information to resolve the problem.
- Information that you provide in connection with an inquiry.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys, contests, or other marketing campaigns.
- Information that you provide when you complete a transaction through the Site, such as a purchase.
Information We May Automatically Collect
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain Information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Your location.
- The Internet Protocol Address and domain name used. The Internet Protocol address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your internet service provider or directly to your computer. We use the Internet Protocol address to direct internet traffic to you.
- The type of browser and operating system you used.
- The date and time you visited the Site.
- The web pages or services you accessed at the Site.
- The website you visited prior to coming to the Site.
- Cookies, which are small text files that a web server (such as Iola Wines’ or its chosen web hosting company’s server) places on a user’s computer. When accessing a cookie, the Iola Wines server reads a number associated with a browser. With that number, our web server can tailor its content to the needs of the specific browser, and we can optimize the Site for your use.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Google Analytics Advertising Features and Similar Services. We may have the following Google Analytics Advertising Features Implemented: Demographics and Interest reporting, Remarketing, GDN Impression Reporting and Double Click Campaign Manager. These features collect data using Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers. We also use similar services from other providers. Iola Wines and third-party vendors use these first-party cookies to access the success of online marketing campaigns, inform future campaigns and improve usability on the Site. To learn how to opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features we use, please see Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We May Use Your Information
The Information we collect helps us improve our Site and deliver better and more personalized services. We may use Information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, for the following purposes:
- To present our Site and the Site content to you.
- To provide you with the products or services that you request from us, including to fulfill your orders, facilitate events you participate in, and determine what products may or may not be available to sell and ship to a particular state or other jurisdiction.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To communicate with you regarding our products and services, including for marketing and customer support purposes. For example, if you inquire regarding our products, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the products we provide.
- To personalize your experience and our advertising to you.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the Information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To improve our Site, products, and services and to develop new products, and services.
Site statistics are compiled into traffic reports, which help Iola Wines understand, anticipate, and respond to user needs. If we learn, for example, of heightened interest in certain aspects of the Site, we are likely to highlight that information on the Site home page. This Information helps us create a better overall experience for Site users.
We will only retain your Information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting, or reporting requirements. We may retain your Personal Information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see “Accessing and Correcting Your Information” above for further information. In some circumstances, we will anonymize your Personal Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented measures designed to protect your Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The internet is not completely secure. Although we are working to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Information either in transmission or when stored. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
When We Share Your Information
We may use and disclose Non-Personal Information about our users without restriction. We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice:
- To our parent company, subsidiaries, and other affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, as described further below, including third-party payment facilitators.
- To a buyer or other successor (potential or actual) in connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Iola Wines’ assets, including any related due diligence.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the Information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Iola Wines or others.
Iola Wines does not sell any of your Personal Information.
Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf
We use third parties to host the Site, design, and operate the Site features, and to perform administrative, analytics, and payment processing. Services these third parties provide include providing information to Iola Wines about the use of the Site and viewing of our content. We may disclose your Information to these companies so they can carry out these services. These companies are bound by contractual obligations to keep Information confidential.
Information from Children
Users must be 21 or older to access the Site and to place an order. Our services are not targeted or directed at children or individuals under age 21. We do not knowingly collect any Information from children or individuals under 21. If you believe we have inadvertently collected Information about a child, please contact us and we will take steps to delete this Information. If you are under 21, do not provide any Information about yourself to Iola Wines, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If you become aware that Information of a child below these ages has been provided, please contact us at hello@Iola Wines.com.
Links to other Websites and Services
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites or services linked to or from the Site, including the information or content contained therein. Our Privacy Notice does not apply to third-party websites or services.
Do Not Track
Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. At this time, the Site does not respond to DNT signals.
Notice to California Residents
If you are a California resident, you may have the right to request information from us once per calendar year regarding the Personal Information we share with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To request this information, please send an email to Hello@IolaWines.com with ‘Request for California Shine the Light Privacy Information’ in the subject line and the body of your message. We will provide the requested information via an email response in a standardized format, and the information will not be specific to you individually.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about the security of the Site, this Privacy Notice, or our privacy practice, please feel free to contact us at Hello@IolaWines.com or by mail at:
1902 E. Blaine St. Seattle, WA 98112
Attention – Customer Service